Real fur does require a little TLC, but will surely last a lifetime in return.
- Apply perfume/ hairspray before you put on your fur. Avoid spraying cosmetic products around or directly on to the fur as most contain alcohol which can dry the hide and deteriorate the quality of the fur.
- If you get caught in the rain gently shake out the water and hang to dry at room temperature. Do not try to speed up the process with a hair dryer and do not place directly next to a radiator. Once dry, fluff the fur gently with your hands, do not use a brush or comb. If, however your fur is completely drenched then we would advise that you take it to a specialist fur cleaner immediately.
- Use a broad padded hanger to prevent shoulders losing shape and to protect the silk lining.
- Never hang inside of a plastic bag or cover for more than 24 hours. Use a breathable cloth bag instead.
- When storing at home, ideally your fur should remain uncovered in the darkest, coolest closet. Check regularly for moths and insects.